Thursday, February 11, 2010

sick day

So I have this personal struggle with taking sick days. Unless I am laying on my deathbed, I just push through my illness and go about my day the same ol same ol. The last time I took a sick day, I couldn't get out of bed without puking. With that said, the last couple days I have been feeling like CRAP. My sinues, my stomach, my intestines, my head, my throat, it's been rough. Keeping me awake all night long and tosing and turning. I was kinda having a hard time breathing so Scott and I decided to FINALLY go to the doctor. Can I just say that I hate the doctor. Seems like everytime I go to the doctor, they don't tell me anything I don't already know. And then I pay them for pretty much nothing. And we can't totally afford random doctor visits since our deductible is ridiculously high. So because of the breathing thing, I got nervous that maybe it was something more serious, like pnemonia or something so we decided to take a trip to urgent care. It was kinda funny actually because they asked me what we were there for and I just kept listing things. I have a sinus infection. That's it. Oh and she gave me a breathing treatment to help open my lungs up. Scott convinced me to stay home from work today so that I can recover. I fought and fought and fought and fought, but he insisted it was better for me to stay home. So I called my boss and told her I couldn't come in. I feel like I'm such a pansy. Like I can't handle being sick. And then I woke up feeling pretty good this morning and wishing I could go to work. But here I sit. Feeling decently healthy, and bored out of my mind. And time is just dragging on and on.
SOOOOOO I thought I would update the blog. Although there isn't much to update. Scott is in his next semester. Working on his portfolio for his Architecture application due in March, so we are starting to get nervous, anxious, excited. I'm still working, Scott is still working. That's our life. I'm not promising to be better at this blogging thing, but I promise to be entertaining when I do blog :) Until next time... caio!

No comments: