Hey so I had some time so I thought I would write a quick blog about whats going on in our lives. Which is not much. hahaha. We had a great Thanksgiving with all of our family. It was 3 days of festivities. My family came up for the week and we went and stayed at Bear Lake for a couple days. My mom is an amazing cook and made a fantastic spread of food. She knows that Scott eats a ton so she made extras just to make sure we had lots to take home as leftovers. Which is always a good idea because leftovers don't even last that long in our house because Scott eats them so quickly. Bear Lake was a nice break for us. Scott got to sleep in and just relax which is such a necessity for him since he works so hard all the time. We played lots of guitar hero world tour and apples to apples. Scott had to work on Friday so we didn't get to stay very long. Friday night the Holtry's were doing their Thanksgiving dinner so I went to that by myself cuz Scott had to work. All his family was impressed that I was comfortable enough to come without Scott. His family is so great and inviting that it's hard not to feel comfortable. And his sweet grandmother, who has Alzheimers pretty bad, was just hanging out with me. haha. She is so cute. Then Saturday I had my extended family Christmas party which was super fun. My grandpa and his wife just got back from their mission in Hawaii so it was good to see them. Scott couldn't come to that either since he had to work but he hung out with us later. We all had dinner at my aunt Mardi's house with all my relatives and Scott was able to come to that. We hung out and talked forever and said good bye to my family. It was a great holiday break.

We put up our Christmas decorations on Saturday and it makes our apartment look so festive and I love it! Scott is taller than the Christmas tree. haha. Funny story because Scott leaves so early in the morning and its dark and he accidently knocked the tree over. haha. Needless to say, we adjusted the positioning of the tree in our apartment. We are looking forward to spending some time with my family in Reno for Christmas. We have lots of things going on for the holidays so that will keep us busy.

Scott is trying to wrap up his first semester which has been exhausting. He has a couple papers we will be writing and a project to finish and a few finals to take. Once the semester is over, hopefully he will be able to get some more rest. He wants to start wokring out and lifting weights again so he can get back in shape so he can have a shot playing football next season. We'll see. I'm trying to find a new job which has been a very difficult and frustrating task. My car is also dying a slow painful death. It's been making a new loud and obnoxious noise that sounds treacherous so I definitely make an entrance whenever I go anywhere. We are hoping it survives a couple more months til we can afford to buy a new one.
Anyway... so that's the latest in our lives. We still love each other, which is the most important thing and we are just taking things one day at a time. And I finally figured out how to do the picture thing on here so I added a few! Enjoy! So until next time, caio!
1 comment:
It's fun to hear an update! Cute tree! I tried to put my three little fake trees but the cat kept ingesting the fake snow from the tree and we didn't think that was healthy so we took them down!
Glad to hear you still love each other even with all the crazy things going on, lol :) That sucks that your car is dying! My car keeps screaming signs of aging too. For example, the "Maintenance Required" light is ALWAYS on! Oh the joys of life!
But hey, we should plan to get together after the holidays are over. We have a lot of fun with you two! Hope you guys have a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
Post a Comment