Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Feel like a Grown Up

I feel like a grown up today. I had the day off work so I was quietly relaxing at home and then my mom called. Now when my mom calls, she always has a reason. We have been trying to figure out how to get my car registered and how and if I could be under my parents insurance still. I've had a couple conversations with my mom about what we could possibly do to get the car registered in Nevada so we don't have to spend any money to fix ALL the things that are wrong with it to pass safety and emissions. Well she called and told me she talked to different insurance companies and they pretty much said there was no way they could keep me under my parents insurance 1) because I got married, 2) because I live out of state and have an out of state drivers license, and 3) because I am no longer a full time student. AND then.... my mom said that I had til Monday to get a new policy here. Which sounded extremely overwhelming to me since I've never done my own insurance and it's Thanksgiving week and I have to work tomorrow so I pretty much had today to get it taken care of. I kinda had a freak out moment this morning but once I talked to my in-laws insurance agent, I felt so much better. So Scott and I met at the insurance office and got our own insurance policy!! As much as the extra payment is gonna suck, it's kinda nice to know we are taking care of ourselves and being responsible. Not that big of a deal to any of you, but totally a big deal to Scott and I!! You would think that graduating from college and getting married would be enough to make me feel like a grown up, but getting my own insurance policy is another great addition to being a grown up! HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO EVERYONE!!! Hopefully my next post, I will have pictures to upload, since I feel like our blog is a little empty. so until next time, caio!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I still get those moments. It's crazy to not live in the same state as your parents and figure things out for yourself. I'm glad I'm not alone!

Unknown said...

Luckily Dave already had a great insurance policy, so all we had to do is add me onto it, and it even made the payment a lot SMALLER! I still don't feel like a "grown up". I wonder when that's supposed to happen?