Saturday, November 15, 2008

Here's an update

So here is an update from my blog yesterday about my mom. We had a family fast just to make sure everything went well with the surgery. My mom called me at about 1 o'clock saying she was out of surgery and on her way to In-n-Out (which made me jealous and very hungry). She said her surgery went fine. They did another mammogram before the surgery (which is how they found the lump in the first place because it was so deep into the tissue) and poked the tumor with a really long wire and then they removed it. So everything went well. She has to go in every couple months to make sure that the tumor hasn't grown back and we are all hoping for the best. So thank you for all the prayers and good thoughts. It also makes me want to remind everyone how important it is to go to the doctor and do self breast checks as often as you can. Better safe than sorry.
Oh and I got one phone call back from one of the branches of Zion's bank and it's a no go. I did apply for a job at Red Butte Garden at the University of Utah. So we'll see how that goes. Scott and I are enjoying a quiet night in tonight. I went to my friends Kent and Eliza's wedding reception today and it was beautiful. They are so cute and look so happy together. Anyways... that's all I got for now. I'm so excited for any and all who are reading my blog. Scott is laughing at me right now actually because I'm blogging because he thinks its ridiculous, but he did appreciate that I put his name first in the blog title. haha. I love him. I hope everyone enjoys their weekend!

8 comments:

Jennifer Ames said...

Boys always think blogs are lame, but I think they're fun! Thanks for starting one =)! We also have a blog (which Lance never posts on either!). It's jenandlance.blogspot.com
Good luck with the job search!
-Jen

Jessica said...

Tell him to shove off. :)

We like blogging.

Juliann Lambson said...

Hey I'm glad to hear that your mom is doing well! And that you guys are doing well too! You guys are so cute together and I hope everything is still going great for you!

Taryn Torres said...

Glade to hear everything went well. While we're talking about things of that nature, I'd thought I would let you know that Keith Mcdermott has brain cancer and is in the hospital, and has lost almost all of his memory, so far they don't really know what exactly it is, but if you could keep him and his family in your prayers. If you haven't found out how to add to your friends list, if you already have one, just edit it and add more, if yo don't, go to layout and add a gadget and it's under the list of gadgets to add. Hope all is well.

Katie Browning said...

Welcome to blogging~. I think it was pretty much invented for wives to have something to do. Glad to hear that you are doing well and especially your momma. I added you to my list to check and here is mine -- www.jkbrowning.com

Cam and Chelle said...

Hey Mem, It's Michelle (Murphy) I'm so glad you Mom is doing well! Miss your fam!

Anonymous said...

Mem, I am glad to hear your mom is doing well! That's great news!

Travis and Jaqui said...

Oh Mem, I had no idea about your mom!! She is in our prayers.
She's a strong woman. She's a survivor! :)