Sunday, November 23, 2008

My Big Game Experience

So Scott and I went to the BYU-Utah game on Saturday. After careful consideration, I decided I couldn't deny my true colors and I wore my cougar blue. We showed up with Scott's brother Jeff and one of Jeff'd friends and they were all wearing blue (since Jeff used to play football for BYU so he's a lifelong BYU fan). Scott and I were sitting in the Muss student section. I thought it would be the craziest thing I've ever done but it was actually so fun! I got some stares coming up the stairs since we sit near the top. I thought if I didn't respond to all the heckling it wouldn't be so bad. It took alot of energy to not respond to them. I knew it wouldn't make anything better. I was actually surprised at how decent people were to me. It might have been because Scott was standing right next me. Scott and I were holding hands coming up the stairs and someone was like, "it's never gonna work out, it's never gonna work out." And Scott was like, "it's working so far man." haha. We just thought it was hilarious. Then we get to our seats and we notice there is a whole group of BYU fans right above us. They were painted and had signs and flags and everything so they were more hardcore than I was. Once the game started, when BYU made a good play, I would scream and holler and cheer. Some of the guys in front of us turned and laughed and said, "Even though you are cheering for the wrong team, I must admit you can yell REALLY loud. I have to give you props for that, you definately got some pipes on you." It was funny. I even gave them a couple high fives when the Utes scored a couple touchdowns. I was kinda torn since I had cheered on Utah all season long up until now. The BYU fans were getting heckled to death and drunk Utah fans were definitely not in any mood to deal with BYU fans. There was plenty of swearing and drinking and foul, unintelligent comments. After the second half when BYU had 4 turn overs, I began to lose all hope in my cougars. I had stopped cheering and kinda just took it. We left just before the end of the game because we rode with Jeff and they were wanting to beat the traffic. I got some more comments on the way down the stairs because the students down lower were more hard core. I just ignored them and we left. So that was my Utah-BYU game experience. Scott has converted to be a U fan and I suppose I'm ok with that because if he plays football for them next year, I will definitely be a Utah fan. I just couldn't deny my true blue color. Hopefully our cougars fair better next year. Unless Scott is playing, then go utes! hahaha.
Ummm let's see what else is going on. We went and celebrated Tara's 22nd birthday at Cheesecake Factory, which is always a delicious experience. And we saw Kenzie and Jason and found out they are getting married on March 28th, which is so exciting for them!! Scott had the day off work on Saturday so we got to sleep in and he played football with some guys from UPS. We are totally looking forward to Thanksgiving this week!! My family is coming into town and we are going to Bear Lake. It should be a great time. We are doing our sibling gift exhange since Merrill and Shannon will be at her parent's for Christmas. My grandpa and his wife came home from their mission and we are doing a big family dinner while my parents are here so that should be exciting too! I'm still looking for a new job, which is probably one of the hardest things ever, but I don't want to keep driving up Parley's. This might be my last week working at the Canyons. So that's the update on our life. I hope everyone enjoyed their weekend!! Good luck this week!!

No comments: